> I Heart The Romeros: Loving Yourself + Easy A.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Loving Yourself + Easy A.


It's been awhile since I've seen a good movie but Easy A definitely made my day.  The synopsis goes something like this: A smart, witty high school girl gets caught lying she lost her virginity and rolls with it as rumors fly. She pretends to do various things with guys in order to boost her & their reputations at school in exchange for money until one day, things go too far. Her life slowly starts to resemble Hester from The Scarlet Letter (which ironically they are studying in school) and she realizes that she must figure out how to clean up the mess and gain her good reputation back.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I could definitely relate to how Olive (Emma Stone) feels in the movie. High school was not one of my most memorable moments and was definitely hard on me socially & mentally due to what people said and thought about me. Kids are mean to each other and never think that what they say could hurt someone else, let alone what is said through the rumor mill. I'd imagine high school is that much harder for kids today with things like facebook, myspace, texts & whatnot so I admire how Olive from this movie took charge of the situation and just believed in herself and rolled with it.

These days, I'm satisfied with who i've become. I know what I like, what makes me happy and must credit Joel (and Jasmine) for standing by me through these years. We'll be celebrating our 5 year anniversary next weekend and it amazes me how our time together has passed so quickly. He has helped me learn to love who I am and to stand up for what I believe in and to be grateful for what we have.  So enough about me, go see Easy A as it's a wonderful romantic comedy about life as a high school student that will definitely bring back memories.